Wednesday, October 27, 2010








#11 in Good, Bad and Ugly in Cobarland: The mines. I have only been to one of the 3 major mines out here. The pictures are of Peak Gold mine. This is where Michael Brown works.
I have yet to go underground, there is (in my mind of course) something not right about going that far into the earth. I do not like going on the Sydney Harbour tunnel either.
Just as a matter of trivia.....the ground that we are used to seeing is black or in outback land red, but once one gets a few kilmeter's under the earth's surface it changes to a white grey colour. The same colour a cement. How do I know this? Well one of the first days Brown boy started at Peakypeak he came home covered in cement and cement dust and I lost it at him telling him I would not wash that crap in my machine, turns out it's dirt....underground dirt.
Learn a new thing everyday .


1 comment:

  1. Loving all the photos. Making me so homesick for you though. Can't wait to see you even if it won't be on red dirt!!!

    ReplyDelete